In all, over 2000 individuals participated directly in the process. The plan was enthusiastically and unanimously adopted by the Board of Trustees on April 22, 2016. Here is what will not change for McCallie School:
Enduring Foundational Commitments
- To our identity as an independent, college preparatory school serving only boys.
- To serving both day and boarding students with vibrant programming.
- To our Christian foundation and principles and our Judeo-Christian heritage and tradition, while being welcoming to and respectful of boys and families of other faith traditions.
- To character development and to the ideals of Honor, Truth, and Duty.
The full plan focuses on six Strategic Imperatives:
- Teaching and Learning
- Faculty Talent and Development
- Program Excellence
- Enrollment, Student Talent and Community
- Public Purpose
- Financial Sustainability and Affordability
Communication of the full plan is scheduled for the entire McCallie community by the end of summer 2017.
A Note About the Strategic Imperatives
These strategic imperatives provide general direction for McCallie for the upcoming years, though the plan allows for some flexibility in terms of how and when to implement the tactics. The school and Board of Trustees recognize that securing the necessary resources will also shape the implementation and timing of the plan. Finally, the school recognizes that, in a dynamic world, we must maintain a strategic posture and ability to adapt.