In McCallie's ongoing efforts to help guide the student as much as possible during his time at McCallie, this page contains links to information that should assist both the student-athlete and the parent during the college athletic recruiting process. Our hope is that it helps to answer some questions about playing sports in college.
CLICK HERE to access the NCAA Eligibility Center website.
CLICK HERE to access the Division I Initial Eligibility Toolkit.
CLICK HERE for answers, facts and tips regarding NCAA college-bound student-athletes.
- A student-athlete must take ownership of this process. The coach can only help/guide in this process.
- Learn about the recruiting process for your sport; official/unofficial visits, contacts, calls, Clearinghouse, etc...
- Academics play a key role in recruiting. A good transcript gives a student-athlete more options.
- The Learning Center will be very instrumental in this process.
- The more A’s & B’s the better.
- This “doing my best” mindset must begin in the student-athlete’s freshmen year.
- Know the eligibility requirements
- College Guidance will be very instrumental in this process.
- Coach Henderson and our weight room will be very instrumental in this process.
- Hudl/video, what a college coach evaluates, can be very instrumental in the process.
- Go to camps, combines, showcases, etc... The student-athlete must get himself seen. In most sports, the sooner the better. But understand, his profile – speed, quickness, skills, becomes what he does, not what he says he can do. Back to point 3.
McCallie School is providing the following educational videos to help guide the student-athlete and his family in the recruiting process. The first one, available at the link to the right, is titled "Guiding the College-Bound Athlete."