We Must Be Great!
Thank you for your attention today and for the positive and cooperative attitude you have had these past few weeks. It has been great to be back on the Ridge with everyone.
Note these reminders from this morning's Chapel:
1. The kind and hardworking folks who prepare and serve our meals are going above and beyond to find a way to feed us and still keep us safe. As a result, they are not able to offer as many options as we have come to know and love over the years. Due to health and safety guidelines, the prepared items must be boxed and sealed. They realize that what is contained in the container may not be sufficient for you. As you may have noticed, they are adding several grab-and-go items that you can add to your box. These include fruit, extra chips, sandwiches, Crustables, etc. Please feel free to supplement your lunch with these items......And, thank them for their efforts. We are asking a lot of them.
2. We also need to thank the custodial, maintenance and grounds staff for all of the extra work they did to prepare the campus for our safe return to the Ridge, and for the work they do on a daily basis to help us remain together as a community. Please remember to empty the bottled water you get for lunch before tossing it in the recycle container (you should drink all of it by the way). Leaving the water in the bottle makes it very difficult for those trying to move the trash and recyclables due to the excess weight.
3. Sit on the BLUE DOTS in the SAC and put on your face covering as soon as you are done eating. Remember, mealtime is for sustenance and not community time at the present. Go outside and continue your conversations!
4. As Dean Chakwin shared this morning, don't lose your intentionality and resilience in wearing your preferred and approved face covering when under roof or near others when outside. This is crucial.
5. Remember that we can't whip CoVid-19 by being just good enough in our efforts. WE HAVE TO BE GREAT!
Thanks, McCallie Men!