We Are McCallie!
Convocation: August 20, 2019
1. Commit to something larger than yourselves and be willing to take healthy risks… put yourselves in situations that both challenge you and where others are counting on you.
2. Be humble, willing to listen and learn to enable your life experiences to give you wisdom… try to say less than you hear. Wrestle with Angels to gain wisdom.
3. Be inclusive and build consensus... be a furtherer who makes others genuinely feel connected.
4. Be where you really are and don’t hide behind your phone, headphones, or ear buds… Don’t use technology in community spaces when you should be connecting with those around you… This is common courtesy, the rule and it applies to everyone, young and old, present today. I challenge you to gently remind us as we will remind you.
5. Develop healthy habits and routines and remember your bodies are temples of God and constructed to move… get plenty of sleep, pay attention to your nutrition and move everyday. Be Well and Do Good!
6. Endeavor to become self aware and don’t take yourselves more seriously than your work... be willing to laugh at yourselves and don’t be easily offended or defensive to the point where you cannot accept helpful input and criticism.
7. Accept that gratitude and hopefulness are choices and learned behaviors to be practiced and shared... develop a genuine sense of gratitude and help others to the same.
8. Love God with all your might and love your neighbor as yourself….Everything in life follows after these commandments. Men, this is living your faith on the Ridge.
9. Honor, Truth, Duty and Man’s Chief End do not take breaks, vacations, or time off.
10. Own Your Decisions, Define Your Education, Be The Miracle… these are Honor Truth Duty in action.
Gentlemen: We are McCallie! Have a great year. Go Big Blue!