Welcome to McCallie!
Located in Chattanooga, Tennessee, and welcoming students from around the country and around the world, McCallie is one of America's top boys' schools.
We are a school of adventure and spirit, one that understands and celebrates boys and builds them into men of Honor, Truth and Duty.
We are a community of brotherhood in which each boy can be who he is and discover and pursue many ideas, talents and passions.
We are a family who encourage and inspire boys to be their best selves as their lives and life-trajectories are changed.
We are McCallie.
McCallie: By the Numbers
students in grades 6-12 and post-graduate
States and countries our students represent
Our founding year
Size of our campus on Missionary Ridge
graduates since our founding
Years of experience teaching boys shared across our faculty
Weekend activities every year
Colleges and universities attended by members of the Class of 2021
McCallie School is dedicated to preparing young men to make a positive difference in their world. By fostering their intellectual, spiritual, physical, and emotional development, the school seeks to inspire and motivate them to:
- strive for excellence;
- seek truth;
- live honorably;
- act responsibly;
- and help others.
- Our Christian tradition builds a strong moral foundation and a sense of civic and social duty.
- Personal integrity, as expressed in the Honor Code, is central to our life as a community.
- Our teachers should model a lifelong love of learning and intellectual growth and should inspire students to develop the same.
- The spiritual growth of all students is enhanced by instilling a respect for and an understanding of other religions and faiths.
- The development and practice of leadership and citizenship skills are critically important.
- Every individual should be treated with dignity.
- Racial, ethnic, religious, and economic diversity enhances our school community.
- Graduates should be skillful, as individuals and in groups, at setting and achieving clear goals and at developing strategies to solve problems.
- Boys learn in different ways, have different ways of demonstrating abilities, and require a variety of instructional approaches and assessment strategies in order to thrive.
- Graduates should be men of compassion and moral courage.
- Everyone has a responsibility to be a positive role model.
- An all-boys environment enhances a boy’s comfort and confidence in exploring a range of interests and in developing competencies.
- Boys are active and need opportunities to channel their energies in constructive ways.
- Boys should be challenged and encouraged to be skilled readers, writers, speakers, and listeners.
- Higher order thinking skills are enhanced by a program which emphasizes discovery and experiential learning.
McCallie School fully supports all anti-discrimination laws and does not engage in any unlawful discrimination.
What Makes a McCallie Man?
McCallie is a diverse community that welcomes boys from an incredible variety of backgrounds and strengths, but we think there are some key traits that every McCallie man should possess:
- He should be honorable and trustworthy.
- He should possess spiritual depth and moral character.
- He should have a powerful work ethic and resilience.
- He should have a clear, strong sense of self.
- He should lean into challenges.
- He should pursue excellence with humility.
- He should be confident, yet humble.
- He should be a leader animated by his desire to serve.
- He should be a fluid and flexible lifelong learner.
- He should be intellectually curious and scholarly.
- He should be courageous and adventuresome.
- He should give back to his community and his world cheerfully.
- He should integrate faith and the intellect.
- He should be emotionally mature and balanced.
- He should appreciate and seek out diversity.
- He should be secure amidst change and disruption.
- He should be a good collaborator and teammate.
- He should be physically fit.
- He should be a well-mannered gentleman.
- He should be empathetic, optimistic and grateful.
- He should enjoy play and exploration.
- He should be, forever, a McCallie Man.