McCallie's Strategic Plan
McCallie's Strategic Plan is the result of an inclusive process reaching out to more than 2,000 of the school's stakeholders through surveys, focus groups, one-on-one conversations and more. These stakeholders - faculty, students, alumni, parents, trustees and other friends of the school - provided an incredible depth of information on our collective goals, aspirations and desires.
The strategic plan is grounded in enduring commitments to the qualities that have made McCallie strong for more than a century, while looking forward to what our school can be in the years ahead.
Enduring Foundational Commitments
- To our identity as an independent, college preparatory school serving only boys.
- To serving both day and boarding students with vibrant programming.
- To our Christian foundation and principles and our Judeo-Christian heritage and tradition, while being welcoming to and respectful of boys and families of other faith traditions.
- To character development and to the ideals of Honor, Truth, and Duty.
Six Strategic Imperatives:
- Teaching and Learning
- Faculty Talent and Development
- Program Excellence
- Enrollment, Student Talent and Community
- Public Purpose
- Financial Sustainability and Affordability
A Note About the Strategic Imperatives
These strategic imperatives provide general direction for McCallie for the upcoming years, though the plan allows for some flexibility in terms of how and when to implement the tactics. The school and Board of Trustees recognize that securing the necessary resources will also shape the implementation and timing of the plan. Finally, the school recognizes that, in a dynamic world, we must maintain a strategic posture and ability to adapt.