EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF THE NATIONAL CENTER FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF BOYS
The search for an executive director for this newly announced endeavor, the National Center for the Development of Boys (NCDB), is underway. The job desciption is below: Position Overview:
The Executive Director of the National Center for the Development of Boys serves to plan, coordinate, implement and advance the work of the center. The scope of the work may include, but is not limited to, developing and implementing the center’s agenda, research, programs and publications; attracting and engaging with outstanding educators, mentors and thought-leaders with expertise and experience in the development of boys, and connecting them to the efforts of the center; serving as a spokesperson for the center; managing the operations of the center; and securing necessary resources to advance its mission and work. The Executive Director reports to the center’s Board of Trustees. Specific Responsibilities:
- Review, curate and compile existing research on the development and education of boys and young men from early childhood through early adulthood.
- Leverage the location and resources of McCallie as a living laboratory of boys and faculty to conduct research and gain insights into practices for educating and developing boys.
- Share with and market to the broader public the work and mission of the center and the needs of boys and young men.
- Devise, design and implement programs, workshops, seminars and other events that help to equip parents, educators and others who work with boys with research-based strategies and best practices for raising and educating boys.
- Prepare and produce articles, publications, videos and other materials to be shared with the broader public about the education and development of boys.
- Identify, recruit and coordinate the work of Fellows: a small number of outstanding educators, mentors, researchers and thought-leaders on the education and development of boys.
- Oversee the center’s operations, broadly defined and including, but not limited to, its logistics, budgets, and staff.
- Secure necessary resources, including volunteer and philanthropic support.
- Implement the policies and direction of the center’s Board of Trustees.
- Expertise and experience in studying and working with boys and young men.
- A passion and belief that boys and young men need to be better understood and provided with opportunities that bring out their very best.
- A national reputation and network of colleagues who have an interest in the learning and development of boys.
- Strong communication skills, including in writing and presentation.
- Proven leadership skills, including the ability to collaborate well.
- Effective planning and management skills.
The center will provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. It is anticipated that candidates will be considered during the summer of 2015, with a likely start date for the Executive Director in the late summer or early fall of 2015.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of introduction and resume to Lee Burns
, Headmaster, The McCallie School, 500 Dodds Avenue, Chattanooga, TN 37404