EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF THE NATIONAL CENTER FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF BOYS
The search for an executive director for this newly announced endeavor, the National Center for the Development of Boys (NCDB), is underway. The job desciption is below: Position Overview:
The Executive Director of the National Center for the Development of Boys serves to plan, coordinate, implement and advance the work of the center. The scope of the work may include, but is not limited to, developing and implementing the center’s agenda, research, programs and publications; attracting and engaging with outstanding educators, mentors and thought-leaders with expertise and experience in the development of boys, and connecting them to the efforts of the center; serving as a spokesperson for the center; managing the operations of the center; and securing necessary resources to advance its mission and work. The Executive Director reports to the center’s Board of Trustees. Specific Responsibilities:
- Review, curate and compile existing research on the development and education of boys and young men from early childhood through early adulthood.
- Leverage the location and resources of McCallie as a living laboratory of boys and faculty to conduct research and gain insights into practices for educating and developing boys.
- Share with and market to the broader public the work and mission of the center and the needs of boys and young men.
- Devise, design and implement programs, workshops, seminars and other events that help to equip parents, educators and others who work with boys with research-based strategies and best practices for raising and educating boys.
- Prepare and produce articles, publications, videos and other materials to be shared with the broader public about the education and development of boys.
- Identify, recruit and coordinate the work of Fellows: a small number of outstanding educators, mentors, researchers and thought-leaders on the education and development of boys.
- Oversee the center’s operations, broadly defined and including, but not limited to, its logistics, budgets, and staff.
- Secure necessary resources, including volunteer and philanthropic support.
- Implement the policies and direction of the center’s Board of Trustees.
- Expertise and experience in studying and working with boys and young men.
- A passion and belief that boys and young men need to be better understood and provided with opportunities that bring out their very best.
- A national reputation and network of colleagues who have an interest in the learning and development of boys.
- Strong communication skills, including in writing and presentation.
- Proven leadership skills, including the ability to collaborate well.
- Effective planning and management skills.
The center will provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. It is anticipated that candidates will be considered during the summer of 2015, with a likely start date for the Executive Director in the late summer or early fall of 2015.
DIRECTOR OF DAY ADMISSION Interested candidates should submit a letter of introduction and resume to Lee Burns
, Headmaster, The McCallie School, 500 Dodds Avenue, Chattanooga, TN 37404
To manage the program, activities and staff to meet the day enrollment objectives of the McCallie School. The Director of Day Admissions reports directly to the Dean of Admission and Financial Aid.
Capabilities Required: The ideal candidate will be a collaborative team player with a proven track record in an independent school and/or college admission office with experience in recruitment, management of applications and interviews, marketing and statistical reporting, and financial aid. The ability to create and capitalize on new opportunities in a competitive enrollment environment is essential. The candidate must possess the interpersonal skills to relate and interact with young children, teenagers, their parents, and the faculty and staff of McCallie School.
Minimum requirements include a bachelor's degree, strong written and oral communication skills, and a sense of humor.
- Supervise and evaluate the work of the Day Admission staff.
- Develop and supervise a Day Admissions recruitment plan and outreach initiatives.
- Visit schools, alumni, current and past parents and perspective students.
- Develop and control approved policies and procedures for such activities as responding to inquiries, creating a sustained contact plan, and arranging a comprehensive marketing plan.
- Create, manage and attend all on and off campus Day Admission events
- Supervise the collection of personal information on each applicant (teacher recommendations, personal recommendations, testing, school transcripts).
- Assist with arrangements for campus visits, interviews and tours.
- Interview candidates and their parents in an effort to identify their particular educational needs regarding education. With this knowledge, he articulates McCallie’s ability or inability to meet those needs.
- Organize and manage the Day Admissions Committee, which reviews files and selects students based enrollment objectives and student profiles.
- Review applications received and counsels parents and applicants regarding the application process.
- Communicate with the families of each candidate reviewed by the Admission Committee and informs them of the committee’s decision.
- Work closely with the Parent Program Coordinator to connect perspective families with our admissions volunteers (parents, alumni, friends of the school).
- Work with Director of Summer Programs to develop Day and First Camp recruitment strategies and participates as a staff member in either program.
- Review and reports regularly on current trends in day admissions in general and McCallie’s day admission efforts in particular. This includes regular counts on inquiries, applications, visits and deposits, as well as other information specified in our regular monthly reports.
- Review and reports to the Dean of Admission and Financial Aid the results achieved by the day admission office in terms of goals, budgets, objectives and other related information.
- Assist with all admission activities, as needed.
Please email resumes, transcripts, and other pertinent information to Troy Kemp
, Dean of Admission and Financial Aid.