Job Openings @ McCallie School
|Nestled in in an up-and-coming Southern city, McCallie School offers competitive compensation and an appealing benefits package within a collegial school community.|
Interested applicants should submit a resume and transcript, as well as additional information (e.g., background check authorization, letters of recommendation, philosophy of education) when requested. Most positions are announced in late winter and early spring.
|Director of Annual Giving
McCallie is seeking to hire an individual with experience to manage and execute key components of McCallie’s overall annual giving program, the Annual Sustaining Fund (the “ASF”). This person will have primary responsibility for:
- written communications, including direct mailings, and other written solicitations in support of the ASF throughout the fiscal year;
- the reunion giving program;
- the parent campaign;
- social media and other online campaigns; and
The Director of the Annual Sustaining Fund reports to and has support from the Associate Director of Development in the planning and implementation of the ASF strategic plan. He or she will also have support from other members of the development staff and may have oversight over at least one other development officer as needed to execute the responsibilities of this position.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities and characteristics:
- a passion for and support of McCallie’s mission;
- a minimum of five years development experience, preferably with an annual giving program;
- bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university;
- effective fundraising skills;
- the willingness and ability to travel and to work some nights as necessary (primarily for out-of-town phonathons);
- an ability to write and speak well;
- excellent organizational skills;
- excellent interpersonal skills;
- excellent computer skills;
- the ability to inspire and motivate volunteers; and
- a willingness to perform additional responsibilities as reasonably necessary.
This is a full time position with benefits. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and a resume that includes at least three references to Penny Grant, the Director of Development
. The deadline for submitting applications is Monday, February 9, 2015. Competitive salary. Start date is negotiable.
Assistant Director of Communications: News Editor
As part of the Communications Office, works with the Director to address the overall communications needs of the school. The Office of Communications coordinates and oversees all marketing and large-scale communications for the school, including the school web site, publications, advertising, press relations, etc. The Assistant Director of Communications reports to the Director of Communications.
- Editor of McCallie Magazine, the school’s flagship publication, including responsibility for the following duties: conception, story ideas, content, interviews, writing, some photography, layout, design, and editing.
- Primary news reporter for campus activities, generating news of campus and alumni happenings for website and other outlets;
- Assisting in updating website with news, schedules, results, videos, photos;
- Writing and facilitating certain news stories and story ideas to media;
- Writing hometown press releases – gather data, write individual news releases for certain boys’ accomplishments and submit them to hometown papers;
- Assisting with school’s social media accounts;
- Assisting with school’s media relations and crisis communications plans and procedures;
- Assisting in school photography, photo archive, videography and video editing;
- Serving as proofreader for alumni and development projects and publications; and
- Communicating with parents when certain photos are available for download.
- Undergraduate degree required (English or journalism preferred but not required);
- Strong writing and communication skills are essential;
- Experience with InDesign or similar programs (e.g. Creative Suite, Office) a plus;
- Ability to multitask, prioritize workload, set and meet deadlines, and accomplish tasks rapidly with an energetic work style and flexibility;
- Experience in print or web design, marketing and public relations strategies, or a background in journalism will all merit extra consideration.
Details about salary range and benefits available upon request. For further information, contact Billy via email
or at 423.493.5615.
No positions currently available.